When to do — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

When to do

Quinlan1 Member Posts: 33 Connected
today was told i needed a powerchair but i going thew a tribrual whenand how do i tell dwp. As it just so far spoken not got letter from them


  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Quinlan1

    The tribunal will only consider issues as relevant at the time of your PIP claim.

    Who has informed you that you need a power chair?

    It may be relevant if you have been on a waiting list, to be assessed for the chair, at the time of your claim.
  • Quinlan1
    Quinlan1 Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Yes I been waiting over 5 months had nhs wheelchair services in Norfolk  having it due to falls

  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Sounds familiar your waiting time for NHS wheel chair services.

    By pure fluke, my sister in law is an OT in the NHS and she is very frustrated by the time delays.

    Try and get hold of any assessment report, as why they now want to provide a chair.

    You can send this new evidence to the tribunal, 10 days before the hearing.

    Set out the 5 months wait you have had.

    If not already done so, detail about the falls you have had and any subsequent injury.
  • Quinlan1
    Quinlan1 Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Thanks  it’s about right for one  going to ask for one plus Ot has all ready written saying I fall a lot  they great with little reward


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.