Worried about what assessor said. PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about what assessor said. PIP

jaigurudevaom
jaigurudevaom Community member Posts: 4 Listener
So I had my PIP assessment yesterday, I found it a bit weird. Most of the questions weren't relevant for me at all. Why don't they have questions that are relevant to the disability you are claiming for?

Anyway, I answered them all truthfully. I found a questionaire/calculator last night and I scored enough points to get something. The assessor was very nice. Very emphatic and at times shocked with what I told her (mental health plus a chronic illness). 

At the end she said that she has put me down for a review in 2 years, and that if my conditions got worse to contact them. I didn't really understand what she means? Is it normal to say this? Then said about 4-6 weeks for decision

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, the accessor don’t tell you about any reviews or award length, maybe about a time frame for the decision letter to arrive. As for questions about your disability, the PIP acessment is not your disability but how you manage your daily living  activity in relation to your disability and meeting the descriptors to get awarded enough points to be awarded either the basic or enhanced rate of PIP for daily living and mobility.
  • jaigurudevaom
    Thanks for the reply Wilko. 

She definitely said "I've put you down for a review in 2 years". Then said about 4-6 weeks for decision. I found it very strange and it threw me a bit. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    The HCP shouldn't tell you anything like this. The report they send is only a recommendation to the decision maker. The PIP self test you completed online is just a guide, it doesn't mean you will score those points. It's very easy to misunderstand the descriptors and score yourself more points, so it's not really very accurate.
    Leave it a week and ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jaigurudevaom

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.