DDD and weight gain
Hi i am andy... 43 years old from wales
for the last 2 years i have been living with DDD after i had a injury in work and then losing my job of 18 years after the first year and its not been easy going and still its a daily chor from getting up untill going to bed. the last two years i have had 2 MRI's and one trip to see a Orthopaedic surgeon and its been a big long wait between them all and at the end of the 2 years i got told that i had DDD and he is not happy to do any operation as it could make me worse so now i have been waiting 8 months to see pain management, sept 2016 i had the injury and its been like hitting my head on the wall every day week month....my doctor is very good and helps all he can.
I have been put on antidepressants just to give me a lift and i think its working and only been on them for about 4 months now and hope to come off them one day as i dont want to get hooked on them.
I find it hard to talk to people about it as they just dont understand how bad the pain is and how fed up i am getting abot not working and been stuck not been able to do all the things i loved to do before this.
some days i think people think i am putting it all on but that might just be all in my head ?
my partner is supporting me the best she can but i think she is fed up as i am not working and benafits are **** as i am not even getting half the money i was getting when working so its a struggle every month and she cant do over time to help as the more she earns the less i get in benafits.
i have many days when i wake up and feel good and only a little pain so i go for a walk as i love walking and after about 30 mins it hits me and back home i go.
About 2 months ago my big toe has gone numb and all the way up to my ankle and hurts when been on my side in bed so thats another worry ?
the biggest problem i have is i have put on between 4 and 5 stone since the injury and due to the pills and pain i cant shift it no matter what i do, i also gave up smoking the same time as the injury so i dont think that helped.
sorry if i dont make sence i am not very good at doing things like this but just wanted to talk and see what others have to say who are in the same boat as me as till now its been a lonely road
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments