Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Appeals court.

Had a court of appeal dession 6 weeks ago wich I didn't agree with. After they increased my point score and put me in the Wrag group
 Rang and told the court I wanted to apeal to higher court they told me to put my comments and reasons in writing. Wich I did straight away. How long does it take to get a reply.


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    You can’t just appeal this decision because you don’t agree. First you have to contact HMCTS and ask them to send you the statement of reasons, once you have this you then have to find an error in law in making the decision. Unless this is found then that’s the end, unfortunately you can’t proceed any further. This whole process could take in excess of a year, if that error is found.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • pigeon55pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
    We have got a statement of reason. It is full of lies and they not using the correct medical information. And so many contradictions by the assessment. We have proved the point of false information in the assessment so I would have thought that this would not stand in a court of law or in a court appeal if it's proven information there dession is based on is untrue. Thanks for your reply and comments it was time scale i was wanting advice on.
    Regards .
Sign in or join us to comment.