Appeals court. — Scope | Disability forum

Appeals court.

Had a court of appeal dession 6 weeks ago wich I didn't agree with. After they increased my point score and put me in the Wrag group
 Rang and told the court I wanted to apeal to higher court they told me to put my comments and reasons in writing. Wich I did straight away. How long does it take to get a reply.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,436 Disability Gamechanger

    You can’t just appeal this decision because you don’t agree. First you have to contact HMCTS and ask them to send you the statement of reasons, once you have this you then have to find an error in law in making the decision. Unless this is found then that’s the end, unfortunately you can’t proceed any further. This whole process could take in excess of a year, if that error is found.
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
    We have got a statement of reason. It is full of lies and they not using the correct medical information. And so many contradictions by the assessment. We have proved the point of false information in the assessment so I would have thought that this would not stand in a court of law or in a court appeal if it's proven information there dession is based on is untrue. Thanks for your reply and comments it was time scale i was wanting advice on.
    Regards .


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.