My ESA experience — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My ESA experience

Options
3dogs8
3dogs8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi went to esa assessment medical my symptoms artifal fibrillation had two abblitions done at Brompton hospital great caring professionals .
last one 5 months ago other medical symptoms prolapsed discs old wedge fracture of back  ,sciatica,anxiety ,depression ,self harm suacidle thoughts .
Short bowl syndrome , asthma bronchitis, eczema plaques, gerd ,was in support group and pip high rate for both rates went to medical after 45 mins saw dip assessor had him before scored me 0 points was awarded benefits back at tribunal went into interegation room computer not on let's start asked me have I ever tied to commit suacide I said no but if you are asking if I have thoughts of doing so the answer is yes.asked what causes your anxiety as I was trying to explain hand went up next question I don't need to no about your past .
he asks is your artifal fibrillation better I said no I am still having fast heart rates hold on I will take your blood pressure he says that can't be right so takes it off my arm throwing machine on table I will take your pulse with his watch all is fine after 30 seconds you have asthma yes how long since I was child stayed next to stayed next to straw field and ici explosive plant blow into meter please ok . Short bowel syndrome me I don't go out to often in fear I get caught short when was last time I was asked about a week ago ok he said hand went up when I wanted to say something else next question  assessment lasted 1 hour 15 mins not including 45 mins in waiting area 5 weeks later phone call to say I scored 0 points anything I would like to add I said yes I am still awaiting appointments for heart and back pain and mental health was told.by DM
Think that's enough and agree with assessment and closing esa account down today transfer you to jas goodbye .

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hello @3dogs8 Pleased to meet you welcome. Thank you for sharing and joining.

Sorry to hear that your claim was unsuccessful . Have you considered requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration.

We have lots of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website. Which may be of interest to you.

Hope that helps.

We are a friendly, supportive community.  Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @3dogs8 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what has happened. The link to appealing a decision suggested by @thespiceman can be found here

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 3dogs8
    3dogs8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks all for replies as I have insomnia and sleep apnea usually stay awake at early morning . After being taken off support group sending reconcidration to esa was sent to job centre who said I need to look for all full time work so under pressure I said I can't so I will live off nothing until tribunal even though I have appointments
    with mental health team for anxiety self harm suacidele thoughts , artiral fibliration had two ablation ops last one 6 months ago , gerd , asthma , eczema plaques , sciatica ,old wedge fracture prolapsed discs L4 L5 was by physiotherapist team to wait until heart op was ok then they will help me with hydro pool as before they said it was to risky because I was passing out when artiral fibliration was at worst .  Irreatable bowel syndrome as all above scored no points for all  as got results of medical during medical my heart was beating irregular nurse said dont worry about it later in medical I was getting hot and bothered he said I will take your blood pressure that's not right throwing machine on table I will take your pulse and time with watch in report he said had irregular heart beat and high blood pressure , so why didn't he ask a doctor to see me or get another machine that worked or say you need to go to hospital to get ecg done no he carried on for another 30 minutes still asking questions.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.