PIP interview and updates — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP interview and updates

Clare_1970
Clare_1970 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Good Morning everyone
i had my PIP interview on 26th Sept as my DLA is expiring on 18th of this month. Have to say the guy was pleasant enough although asked what i felt was a couple of trick questions regarding my mobility and who walked the dog after my husband had already said that he did, but anyway! I now have been told the wait is 6 werks for a decision which i expected.
my first issue is that i applied for a renewal of a blue badge and was given one that is valid for 9 days! So runs out on the 18th of Oct even though i sent them the PIP appointment letter. So basically i have paid £10 for 9 days use of the badge which seems very unfair plus a waste of time for them to even produce it.
my second issue is that i had a hospital appt on Friday and was told my lipoedema has now developed into Lymphoedema too which will have a bigger impact on my mobility and heaviness in my legs needing intense bandaging for 2 weeks changed daily until compression tights are delivered which i am meant to wear daily for the rest of my life when i can work out how i can put them on after a recent hip replacement and the need for a knee replacement next. Do you think i should be reporting this update to PIP or will they not take it into consideration as the interview has taken place?
thank you in advance

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.