Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Can we reapply after unsuccessful tribunal?
My husband had PIP for 3 yrs and when it expired re applied. He has bipolar disorder and rheumatoid arthritis. He was refused it this time. We appealed and took it to tribunal but they still refused. He did not attend the hearings as this would stress him too much. Bipolar and rheumatoid arthritis do not go away it only gets worse. Which in my husbands case it has. He is in constant pain and has all the problems that come with bipolar. We supplied letters from the mental health professionals and the hospital doctor backing his case and also the GP.He wants to re apply as he is sure he is entitled to it. How long do we have to wait before we can reapply again ?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.