PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Can we reapply after unsuccessful tribunal?

JonesJones Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
My husband had PIP for 3 yrs and when it expired re applied. He has bipolar disorder and rheumatoid arthritis. He was refused it this time. We appealed and took it to tribunal but they still refused. He did not attend the hearings as this would stress him too much. Bipolar and rheumatoid arthritis do not go away it only gets worse. Which in my husbands case it has. He is in constant pain and has all the problems that come with bipolar. We supplied letters from the mental health professionals and the hospital doctor backing his case and also the GP.He wants to re apply as he is sure he is entitled to it. How long do we have to wait before we can reapply again ?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no waiting times to when you can re-apply but applying again with the same evidence as you did before after recently being refused by a Tribunal may see another refusal. I'd advise getting help and advice otherwise you may end up constantly being refused. Contact your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jones, and a warm welcome to the community!

I hope the above guidance helps you to figure out your next steps. Do keep us updated with what you decide, and we'll advise where we can!
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,419 Disability Gamechanger
    I can only echo what @poppy123456 says. Right now you need to forget a new claim. Ask for a statement of reasons and a record of proceedings and get yourself face to face advice.
Sign in or join us to comment.