Can we reapply after unsuccessful tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can we reapply after unsuccessful tribunal?

Options
Jones
Jones Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband had PIP for 3 yrs and when it expired re applied. He has bipolar disorder and rheumatoid arthritis. He was refused it this time. We appealed and took it to tribunal but they still refused. He did not attend the hearings as this would stress him too much. Bipolar and rheumatoid arthritis do not go away it only gets worse. Which in my husbands case it has. He is in constant pain and has all the problems that come with bipolar. We supplied letters from the mental health professionals and the hospital doctor backing his case and also the GP.He wants to re apply as he is sure he is entitled to it. How long do we have to wait before we can reapply again ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no waiting times to when you can re-apply but applying again with the same evidence as you did before after recently being refused by a Tribunal may see another refusal. I'd advise getting help and advice otherwise you may end up constantly being refused. Contact your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jones, and a warm welcome to the community!

I hope the above guidance helps you to figure out your next steps. Do keep us updated with what you decide, and we'll advise where we can!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.