Do steroid injections help with pain? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do steroid injections help with pain?

2»

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    1986, 60 mg a day for 3 years , followed two years later, by another 2 years of 60 mg a day, resulted in a diagnosis of osteoporosis 15 years laters. All I will say is monitor the dose. I have had steroid injections in my shoulders, and even my thumb joints. They work,-but... And there is always a but where medication is concerned. 
  • deltablue52
    deltablue52 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    edited November 2018
    Your right there.
    In 1976 I was diagnosed with Grand Mal Epilepsy-(lost job blah blah).
    I was put on phenobarbitone,Epanutin and other drugs.
    About 12 years ago I was referred to a consultant because of leg pain, in the process It was found that I had no vitamin D whatever in my body.
    The damage had been done, I was diagnosed with  osteoperosis, rheuhmatoid arthritis, and  inflammatory arthritis on top of this scoliosis of the spine and diverticular disease  togeather with kidney problems.
     I take heaps of treatment.
    .Ive just retired a year ago, but I try and be positive about my many complex conditions,which come and go-I just think that there are people out there worse off than me---Just dont give up I say.!!(well thats easy for me to say):)
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I'm seeing a consultant on Tuesday I'm really hoping for an answer instead of just being told try this take these pills and suffer would rather know what I'm suffering from 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.