Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Name and shame the person who does your medical for lying

would you do it and how do you do it.


  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @reddevil, and welcome!

    This isn't something we would encourage here on the community, however the DWP do have a complaints procedure where you could share your experiences. You can find all the information you need here.

    Alternatively, writing to your MP about your experiences could also be a productive way of raising awareness of what you've experienced.
  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi @reddevil

    A warm welcome.

    I would urge a word of caution.

    What you might perceive that dishonesty has been at play, you have not proven your stated fact.

    You could leave yourself open to civil action, by the Health Care Professional who undertook your assessment.

    What you could do is report your concerns to the HPC Regulatory Body, i.e. Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC).

    They would consider your case and investigate matters.

    If there is a case to answer, a hearing will take place in public.

    The result is also made public and any sanctions imposed.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,352 Disability Gamechanger
    This always the case, having proof that they, the acessor lied or recorded false information on the computer system at the time of your acessment thus lowering the point scoring to not allow you the appropriate award. When the DWP records all acessments I think and believe this will be very less frequent, plus having the rightly qualified acessor for people’s different and variable health and disability’s will be the way forward.
Sign in or join us to comment.