Name and shame the person who does your medical for lying — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Name and shame the person who does your medical for lying

Options
reddevil
reddevil Community member Posts: 1 Listener
would you do it and how do you do it.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @reddevil, and welcome!

This isn't something we would encourage here on the community, however the DWP do have a complaints procedure where you could share your experiences. You can find all the information you need here.

Alternatively, writing to your MP about your experiences could also be a productive way of raising awareness of what you've experienced.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @reddevil

A warm welcome.

I would urge a word of caution.

What you might perceive that dishonesty has been at play, you have not proven your stated fact.

You could leave yourself open to civil action, by the Health Care Professional who undertook your assessment.

What you could do is report your concerns to the HPC Regulatory Body, i.e. Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC).

They would consider your case and investigate matters.

If there is a case to answer, a hearing will take place in public.

The result is also made public and any sanctions imposed.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This always the case, having proof that they, the acessor lied or recorded false information on the computer system at the time of your acessment thus lowering the point scoring to not allow you the appropriate award. When the DWP records all acessments I think and believe this will be very less frequent, plus having the rightly qualified acessor for people’s different and variable health and disability’s will be the way forward.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.