Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi I claimed carers for looking after my husband but I am also on disability myself I was informed I was unable to claim carers but have an underlying entitlement I carnt get any extra money has I get contribution based esa but was told I could maybe get a premium on my esa of £34 a week I rang esa and was informed by a very nice helpfull lady that I can only get the premium if I was on income related esa she then said wait while I check something when she came back on the phone she told me she was sending me an esa 3 form has I should have changed over to income related esa in 2013 has I was getting ib and in the support croup she told me she was putting on the form backdate to 2013 I'm very confused any info please
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.