Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.


Hi I claimed carers for looking after my husband but I am also on disability myself I was informed I was unable to claim carers but have an underlying entitlement I carnt get any extra money has I get contribution  based esa but was told I could maybe get a premium on my esa of £34 a week I rang esa and was informed by a very nice helpfull lady that I can only get the premium if I was on income related esa she then said wait while I check something when she came back on the phone she told me she was sending me an esa 3 form has I should have changed over to income related esa in 2013 has I was getting ib and in the support croup she told me she was putting on the form backdate to 2013 I'm very confused any info please 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Yes, yes it was an error made by DWP all those that transferred over to ESA from IB were placed onto Contributions based ESA and weren't assessed for the Income Related top up. DWP have no realised their error and are now contacting those that maybe affected.

    May i just ask what other benefits is your husband claiming apart from PIP? or does he work?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • NairbNairb Member Posts: 32 Connected
    My husband is on state pension and also recieves industrial injury benefit 
Sign in or join us to comment.