PIP ...STILL WAITING!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ...STILL WAITING!!

chunky8217
chunky8217 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there i am struggling to keep up with it all if im honest..my claim for pip started july 2017 i suffer pvd and i have depression and anxiety .I have been refused pip been to the dreaded assesment where i can prove some of her lies..its caused me alot more anxiety than normal and dont go out as i suffer incontinence i wet myself at least once a day..my daughter helps me dress and even my 8 yr old ..well after 3 made appointments for my assesment first to birmingham 2nd was an home visit which the person didnt turn up ..then they finally sent me to derby..the assessor was a complete liar and didnt write half down ..she asked if i felt suicidal and i said not right now and broke down crying.Im currently in termoil and feel im not getting anywhere . I am currently awaiting tribunal and in my 25th week av rang today and they said i have another 20 more weeks to wait i dont know if can go another 20 weeks am stressing like mad x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Tribunal waiting times are huge across most of the country and some are waiting as long as 1 year. Hopefully for you it won't be this long. Are you getting help with the process or doing it yourself? Are you appearing in person as this will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Even better and having the maximum opportunity of an award is to be represented at the Tribunal, that is if you can find someone!
  • chunky8217
    Yes i am going myself and i have a welfare rights adviser coming with me..i found out too friday im being tested for ovarian cancer..i feel everthing is on top of me with anxiety i keep having panic attacks so yes i am stressed to the max the assessor also lied blatenly and im fighting that too..so yes i have it all going on ..xx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    All you can do is prepare for the tribunal and keep in touch with your w r o and find a way to stop thinking about the process while you wait. You could try to keep a daily diary of how your condition affects you in terms of pip. Then switch off from it. I’m so sorry to hear about your troubles it’s very hard to bear. Are you getting help with your mental health issues? 
  • debbiedo49
    Stay here and chat if it helps @chunky8217
  • michelleth64
    michelleth64 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Still waiting my f2f was 8june phoned 2 weeks ago with Dm now 19 weeks and counting given up not phoning no more keep getting same reply 
  • chunky8217
    Hi debbie thanks for your reply im on sertraline for my depression but am fed up of ringing up and getting nowhere does anyone know how i get in touch with the health proffessional complaints x
  • Yadnad
    Hi debbie thanks for your reply im on sertraline for my depression but am fed up of ringing up and getting nowhere does anyone know how i get in touch with the health proffessional complaints x
    I really hope that you get an assessor that knows what Sertraline is for. I take 200mg a day and the assessor earlier this year (like the previous two) said that it was a soft anti depressant. She came up with 14 reasons why I do not have any mental illness.  
  • debbiedo49
  • Yadnad
    Yes thanks, I know why I have to take it - PTSD and Depression. But the assessor said it is a mild AD and justified her statement by citing 14 reasons why I do not have any metal health issues.

I can't remember most of them as it was 6 months ago when I had the last assessment. and failed. Good eye contact, understanding what medication I was on and why, didn't rock in the chair or salivate, etc etc were some of them.
  • debbiedo49
    I wondered if @chunky8217 required the info? My mum was on the same one for depression. It didn't help her much,
  • debbiedo49
    Classic snapshot nonsense.
    Pardon?
  • Yadnad
    It’s a fine example of the HCP breaching their own guidance and recording a snapshot of the person on that day rather than the required bigger picture.
    Obviously it was and it put me back where I had been twice before having to prove that it was a snapshot. Unfortunately the third time they tried it on the DWP told me to go away and tell it to a Tribunal by which time I had had enough of their antics.

Which takes me back to my earlier posting in that the assessors are either under trained or aren't given enough time to do a full assessment. Maybe a bit of both?

• Iamgettingthere67
    Iamgettingthere67 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Hi Chunky, I just wanted to reassure you that the tribunal won't be as bad as you might expect. I won mine recently and everyone at the court was kind and helpful. Best wishes 
  • Iamgettingthere67
    Iamgettingthere67 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    I was very worked up and scared that it would be full of trick questions but the whole demeanour of everyone in the court building, the judge and the doctor meant I soon found myself having an open and honest chat about health problems.
  • chunky8217
    Thanks for all the guidance it really helps to know there are people out there that are in the same boat as me..i am not doing great at the minute im stressed to the max its all going on now ive discovered my husband shud of been put in the support group of esa instead of countless indeus appointment and a sanction he incurred of half our money taken away (£120) for being 1 minute late for an appointment like a said now ive got start writing letters etc explaining why he should be on the support group..another very lengthy process ..no doubt ..a feel so fed up of all this ****!..today im at the hospital to have a camera inserted in my womb to see if i have cancerous polyps the stress of all this is sending me over the edge when will it ever stop !!!..also how very coincidental that my atos assesment so called health proffesional was a trained nurse and had actually suffered the same peripheral vascular disease that i have .. love to u all x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.