Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
help with long term pain from complicated ddd.
Hi i was born with a twisted spine and hypermobility luckily i wasnt paralised as was thought when i was born however over the years iv developed other problems progressively worsening. last couple of years have been the worst. i push my doctor for some help reluctantly he sent me for an mri this showed significant degeneration in all the cervical discs in my neck plus narrowing of the central canal and reduced movement. the start of degeneration in my lower spine. i have managed to get minimal help my doctor asking me to just carry on after protest i was sent to a physio but told i was only eligible for 3 20 min sessions. i came away with a couple of exercises for my neck which help very slightly. i am 31 and used to be a very physical person i dont wish to give up physically as i know this worsens things in the long run and i work in horticulture and diving. i am in constant pain in my neck and back even waking up stiff and sore. with flare ups that give me pain through my back arms and head to the point of giving me blinding headaches. my lower back flares with sharp stabbing pains. im after help with what i can do long and short term. its affecting me mentally and physically. im on a limited budget.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.