Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

I feel like staying in my black hole and not coming out .

karen1908 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
I  lost my dad ten year ago the  day after  we cremated him ,my baby girl was  born .I suffer with depression and now the menopause .I feel like staying in my black hole and not coming out .


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,944 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @karen1908 welcome to the community

    I am so sorry that you are feeling this way, do you have any support at the moment?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hello, @karen1980

    Could you see a gynecologist to find out if there's anything to ease the menopause symptoms? Sometimes an antidepressant will help.

    Welcome to our community.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome and I know how hard it is I’ve lost both parents my dad recently and it’s very hard to deal with. Was it an anniversary recently? Also you mention your child and your menopause . Are you getting help with the menopause? 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Hi @karen1908
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time.

    If you want to discuss your feelings with someone who is qualified to help you could call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at

    You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on depression.

    Cruse is a bereavement charity that you might like to talk to, there is no time limit on the affects of grief and loss and perhaps they could help.

    I also wonder if you are getting support during the menopause? The NHS say:

    It's worth talking to your GP if you have menopausal symptoms that are troubling you. Your GP can offer treatments and suggest lifestyle changes if you have severe menopausal symptoms that interfere with your day-to-day life, including:
    • vaginal oestrogen creams, lubricants or moisturisers for vaginal dryness
    Your GP may refer you to a menopause specialist if your symptoms don't improve after trying treatment or if you're unable to take HRT.
    Read more about treating the menopause.

    I hope this helps a little, I look forward to chatting to you more on the community :)

    Senior online community officer
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    I used HRT for the menopause and it worked. Do go to your doctor - there is no reason to suffer as you are.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.