Please post your voice surrounding Universal Credit full rollout before it's to late. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please post your voice surrounding Universal Credit full rollout before it's to late.

Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
Please post your voice surrounding Universial Credit rollout and managed migration on what a corrupt system this really is. ????? ??

Go to Twitter and #ScrapUniversialCredit and #ToryPoison #DWPcrimes and leave your comments.

Also while your here please sign The Mirror petition below.?
⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Bump!!!
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Signed it's a disgrace 
    Thanks...

Please everyone get involved in stopping Universal Credit.
    ⬇️

Mike will be interesting indeed how this will pan out now you've pointed it out. The ideal outcome of course would be to send every Tory and Universial Credit packing  ASAP. ?
    ⬇️

• OutOfTheWorld99
    OutOfTheWorld99 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    edited November 2018
    Good programme on bbc1 last night about UC and how unfit for purpose it really is.Its the rental aspect that's screwing most people,like paying it directly to them instead of to landlords.For some money management isn't a good thing for them and that's where the repossessions are sky rocketing.

Plus others are having their benefits stopped due to sanctions.Example rent is £800 per month.In comes sanction number 1 with lets stop jsa element and as tenant will have been  undoubtedly subsiding their rental costs by jsa; if in private rented accommodation their left in a mess.Whats more the housing benefit of UC is suppose to be untouched when a sanction is applied but unless people make their council office aware of this with a nil income claim their whole housing benefit and council tax claim shuts down.This cant be right or fair.But is happening.

Common sense tells government its this that's the main problem and yet ? THEY DO NOTHING.Once a few more 100 million has been wasted on all this and the Tories are thrown out'hopefully'a new so called debate will begin and a couple of years later something MAY actually be done about it. :/
  • DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    UC is a total nightmare, I was given wrong information about my claim. I was allowed to get into debt without even knowing. Scrap it ?? David
  • Dazz66
    Dazz66 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    This UNIVERSAL  CREDIT nightmare is driving thousands into poverty ,despair,homelessness and in some cases suicide.
    Universal Credit supposed to be replacing up to 6 legacy benefits.
    THE TRUTH IS  certain benefits will be DESTROYED FOR EVER
    ESA GONE FOR EVER
    SDP GONE FOR EVER
    EDP GONE FOR EVER
    The Universal Credit replacement benefit ? LWCT Limited work Capability
    maximun benefit £326 @ month . Half what ESA was
    WHAT AN INSULT
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @teejays1617 how did you come to that figure? In another thread on the forum you asked what the calculations were for LCWRA against ESA Support Group. I spent my time typing those calculations for you this morning.

Your figure above is not correct. LCWRA element is £328.32 You also missed out the standard allowance of £317.82 for a single person over 25. Added together is £646.14 per month for LCWRA.

I just don't want anyone else thinking your figure is correct and worrying even more than they already are.

@Government_needs_reform i signed the petition :)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Steve065
    Steve065 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    It is a complete joke I just received my 1st payment and all I got was £13.10 for a month I can't live off that also no payment received for the rent. Going straight on to them 1st thing tomorrow morning  
  • Paula77
    Paula77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    November 14th 2018 ESA decided I wasn’t disabled enough and stopped my claim after over 15 years of being on disability. So I was forced to go onto UC. Got into debt as needed quick payout. Then tax credit pay back resulting me to live off of £203 per month!! I can’t hardly feed myself and last month had to use food bank. Not due payment until 23rd of this month need food bank again, but they only give you enough for 3 days!! I have autism and am isolated with hardly any friends or support. Shocking this government
    Paula Sandford
    edited February 2019
    Thanks @poppy123456  but as you know we need many more signatures to help make a change.?? 

But as we know this will continue and we need UC abolished ASAP.

Because this will continue affecting many, more people.

⬇️

• pjindevon
    pjindevon Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    UC has brought CRISIS into my life.
    Prior to UC i was in receipt of 191.00 per week for my Income Related ESA and my rent was paid directly to a private landlord.
    My problem was to start after i was offered a Council home in August.
    In order to be accepted for the new council property I was forced to sign up to UC.
    The appointment at the Job Center on 24 August, just 3 days after I had received confirmation that my recent ESA medical assessment had been processed and my entitlment which included 4 disability top up payments i was awarded £191 per week.
    There would be no changes to my disability award.
    From the moment i signed into UC i was informed my ESA would be frozen until the new UC allowance was sorted out.
    Never at anytime was i made aware of the truth of what would become of the disability allowances from ESA and how they would be evaperated overnight.
    It has been 6 months since this time and my losses due to the move into UC is without any doubt left me £344 pcm out of pocket.
    That equates to over £4,100 per year savings to this tory govt.
    You see i come under the category of Severely Disabled Claimants and it is a fact that any one in this category with severe disability are currently trapped into UC which denies them of thier disability top up components.
    In reality it leaves me without adequate monies every month to be able to pay all my priority creditors.
    It leaves me in a position of not knowing each month what my end of the month UC allowance will actually be given to me.
    Its fluctuated over a 6 months period from amounts as low as £341 for a month and upwards to a one off payment in November which was around £860.
    The latest 2 monthly pauments have been in the mid £400s.
    With no chance of being able to draw up a budget plan i am left in anxiety by the 3rd week of every month not knowing what my monthly payment will be.
    And while i am now fully responsible to pay my Council Rent and Council Tax Im really struggling to deal with such important commitments.
    Having £344 less per month now means to me in my health condition that i have no chance of any mental health condition i may have, i dp not feel or believe i can be free in my mind of my financial situation.
    I envisage a horrible ending for my newly aquired tenancy.
    I only see myself put out on the street as things progress in a downward slope.
    I dont believe i can maintain my physical health either and my future looks seriously comprimised now.
    I am at a cross road now with a choice to make which can rob me of my stable health condition and lead to my early death.
    When you have worked with your support networks for 2 years to achieve the stability ive been enjoying i do mow strongly feel that there is no point trying to fight for my well being and having to suffer the effects of poverty .
    Its made me feel a burden to the state.
    I am considering this weekend to stop all my life saving medication which will of course return me to the prospects of losing my life.
    At least by acting in this way i at least would leave a legacy and hopefully be remembered as the guy who was willing to suffer and give up his life for the sake of this goverments techniques of saving money and at the cost of disabled and sick , vulnerable people in society.
    Once my decision is made , it will be final and i will record a daily record of my deteriation up to my impending passing.
    I do not reccomend or advocate people taking such drastic action and approving what i am to decide to do.
    This Tory Government must be told what is going on in the real world.
    Is anyone monitoring the deaths that are happening in relation to Government Benefits Cuts.
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering

Hello @pjindevon

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.  We are concerned with your comments in your recent post and wanted to see if our community can help?

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Sincerely,

Debbie 

Scope Community
    Debbie
    Online Community Manager

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.