Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Taken off ESA and moved to JSA

stanthemanstantheman Member Posts: 9 Listener
What should I do my doctor says i shouldn't work but dwp decided to take me off esa and move me to jsaj ive had 2brain hemorrhages and just had a new heart valve fitted


  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi, you should contact ESA and request a mandatory reconsideration to ask for the decision to be looked at again, if it is still not changed in your favour you can ask for an appeal to hear your case.  You cannot be paid ESA during the mandatory reconsideration period, but if you have to appeal, you can have your ESA reinstated at the assessment rate (as long as you provide a fit note to ESA) as soon as your appeal is registered, a call to ESA should sort that (although you will have to close your JSA claim before they pay you but wait until they say your ESA can be re-opened until you do that). 
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • ashleyslowther26ashleyslowther26 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Appeal against the decision put in a mandatory reconsideration form in and if that doesn't work take it to tribunal that's what I had to do and I was awarded hope this helps 
  • stanthemanstantheman Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thank you both for your help cheers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    good luck stantheman sorry to read what the dwp are doing to you ....they  are disgusting policies that they are following ....common sense has to prevail 
  • stanthemanstantheman Member Posts: 9 Listener
Sign in or join us to comment.