Taken off ESA and moved to JSA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Taken off ESA and moved to JSA

stantheman
stantheman Community member Posts: 9 Connected
What should I do my doctor says i shouldn't work but dwp decided to take me off esa and move me to jsaj ive had 2brain hemorrhages and just had a new heart valve fitted

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi, you should contact ESA and request a mandatory reconsideration to ask for the decision to be looked at again, if it is still not changed in your favour you can ask for an appeal to hear your case.  You cannot be paid ESA during the mandatory reconsideration period, but if you have to appeal, you can have your ESA reinstated at the assessment rate (as long as you provide a fit note to ESA) as soon as your appeal is registered, a call to ESA should sort that (although you will have to close your JSA claim before they pay you but wait until they say your ESA can be re-opened until you do that). 
    The Benefits Training Co:

• ashleyslowther26
    ashleyslowther26 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Appeal against the decision put in a mandatory reconsideration form in and if that doesn't work take it to tribunal that's what I had to do and I was awarded hope this helps 
  • stantheman
    Thank you both for your help cheers
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    good luck stantheman sorry to read what the dwp are doing to you ....they  are disgusting policies that they are following ....common sense has to prevail 
  • stantheman

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.