Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
any help i would be grateful on PIP or ESA
hi i know you are busy all the time and i just wanted to ask a question my son was diagnosed with Pots and Ehlers-Danlos syndromes in which we have claimed no benefits in the last 3 years oh we had ESA for about 3 months then went for an interview which he scored 12 points we are now in reconsideration and are still waiting. We have been to citizens advice and were advised to put in a claim for pip didn't get that either so it looks as though we will be putting in a reconsideration again for this before friday ?(any advice) it seems its not the illness but your capabilities they are interested in ? he has good and bad days like everyone else ? does anyone else receive benefits for either of these illness or shall we give up ? another 6 hour journey there and back tomorrow to see a doctor in London
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.