any help i would be grateful on PIP or ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

any help i would be grateful on PIP or ESA

kurlis1
kurlis1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hi i know you are busy all the time and i just wanted to ask a question my son was diagnosed with Pots and Ehlers-Danlos syndromes in which we have claimed no benefits in the last 3 years  oh we had ESA for about 3 months then went for an interview which he scored 12 points we are now in reconsideration  and are still waiting. We have been to citizens advice and were advised to put in a claim for pip didn't get that either so it looks as though we will be putting in a reconsideration again for this before friday ?(any advice) it seems its not the illness but your capabilities they are interested in ? he has good and bad days like everyone else ? does anyone else receive benefits for either of these illness or shall we give up ? another 6 hour journey there and back tomorrow to see a doctor in London 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You're correct when you say that PIP isn't about a diagnosis but how you're conditions affect you daily. It's impossible to advise you whether or not your son should qualify for PIP because no one knows how his conditions affect him and you can't compare 2 people. We're all affected differently even if 2 have the same conditions. You really should get further advice regarding this and contact either your local welfare rights or any other disability advice centre near you.

Evidence will needed for his ESA and PIP claims because they rarely contact anyone for this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kurlis1
    kurlis1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    ok thanks i am getting a clearer picture of it now ,thanks for taking the time to reply, i am paying to see someone on Monday so again i will get a better picture

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.