Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Looking for advice on finding the right secondary school for our daughter in London
Our daughter is nine and attends a mainstream secondary school in NW London. She gets around with walking poles indoors and K walker in playground and is keeping up with her class academically, but requires a lot of TA support and reinforcement at home to do this. I am looking for a fully accessible secondary school with small, mixed ability classes and a gentle, nurturing approach to education. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.