PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Is it worth requesting a mandatory reconsideration?

The_worrierThe_worrier Member Posts: 8 Listener
After a long wait my Dad was finally awarded PIP after his reassement - Standard and Standard. 

However, it would appear that the DWP have changed - Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their upper bodywhich is true to Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to dress or undress which is untrue. 

The difference between the two is 2 points. Also in the assessors report with regards to Washing and bathing she clearly reports Dad's inability to wash his own hair and back, but didn't tick the appropriate box. That's another 2 points lost, the 4 points lost is the difference between Daily Living Standard and Enhanced rate.

If we query the above, will they look at everything again or just what we're querying? Because of previous experience, my Dad's opinion is one of he doesn't want to rock the boat, but I think we should try. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When requesting the MR they will look at the whole award again and not just part of it. I'd advise you to get further advice from either your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre. It's impossible to advise whether there's any risks to losing what's already been awarded on an internet forum because no one knows how his conditions affect him. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.