Is it worth requesting a mandatory reconsideration? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it worth requesting a mandatory reconsideration?

Options
The_worrier
The_worrier Community member Posts: 10 Listener
After a long wait my Dad was finally awarded PIP after his reassement - Standard and Standard. 

However, it would appear that the DWP have changed - Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their upper bodywhich is true to Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to dress or undress which is untrue. 

The difference between the two is 2 points. Also in the assessors report with regards to Washing and bathing she clearly reports Dad's inability to wash his own hair and back, but didn't tick the appropriate box. That's another 2 points lost, the 4 points lost is the difference between Daily Living Standard and Enhanced rate.

If we query the above, will they look at everything again or just what we're querying? Because of previous experience, my Dad's opinion is one of he doesn't want to rock the boat, but I think we should try. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When requesting the MR they will look at the whole award again and not just part of it. I'd advise you to get further advice from either your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre. It's impossible to advise whether there's any risks to losing what's already been awarded on an internet forum because no one knows how his conditions affect him. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.