Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Swimming pools Not allowed crutches for health and safety wont let me in
I have vertebrae fused to my pelvis its extremely painful and swimming allows me to put my crutches down for a couple of days, but with this crazy wrap up in cotton wool world we have my local pools wont allow me to take my crutches to the pool area I accept they are doing there job but when something like swimming helps and I cant do it that is frustrating and annoying.im responsible for my actions but i say that to them if they gave me an arm to help .but no so were do I go from here.I so wish I had space for a juccuzzi it does same thing ,ive been on crutches for 12 years BEING on then has caused damage to my ligaments in my arms and joints and swimming relieves it we have a hydro pool in Northampton which my daughter uses for same thing were as ive been fighting the drs for 12years to no result no wonder disabled people get disheartened so many doors shutting in your face ,but one thing I dont do is give up unlike my scooter I have given up on that.ny dog has cancer my daughter is going to be homeless end of November and my sons home has been put up for sale by landlord again they have a young family and no extra cash for deposit for another property life just want the rollercoaster ride to stop.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.