PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

do you need to take medical evidence with you to pip assessment even if you sent it to them

topshoestopshoes Member Posts: 443 Pioneering
do you need to take  medical evidence with you for pip assessment thank you x

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You can try but don't be surprised if they refuse to accept it from you on the day, as this has happened to lots of people, myself included. Evidence should ideally be sent with a claim form.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,182 Disability Gamechanger
    You can take copies of evidence that you sent in and new recent that wasn’t available at the time of application just in case anything has been lost or mislaid, if refused you have lost nothing except taking a few extra papers. Good luck.
  • topshoestopshoes Member Posts: 443 Pioneering
    thank you again x 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,341 Disability Gamechanger
    If you sent it in it will be i the appeal papers. Therefore no need to take it in on the day.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Appeal papers for a PIP assessment?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Ignore me. Currently away out of the country and it’s been a long week :)
    edited October 2018
    medical papers for pip  assessment , i have just find some more medical papers what i did not send in , not going to take any in as you advised me not to, but might phone up to see if i can still send the ones i find in x thank you all again for your advice , lol i would not lgnore you @mikehughescq yes i know what you mean too. x
    You need to get your evidence into the DWP. Unless it explicitly tells the HCP something about your functional abilities then it’s of little use to a HCP and nor is it practical to expect them to have the time to read, digest and weigh it agaunst their own observations.
     @mikehughescq i can see where your coming from thank you x
    thank you everyone i got my paper work for pip they are giving me standard on both only got it for a year so im not going to dwell on it .  thank you again  x
Sign in or join us to comment.