Reasonable adjustments — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Reasonable adjustments

laurel Member Posts: 4 Listener
I have a question - firstly I'll give a brief background.
My partner has a severe mental illness and is currently on ESA support and PIP both enhanced. He has never had a face to face as his CPN and GP have said very clearly how this would be detrimental to his health. There has always been a lot of strong medical evidence.
If Maximus/Capita were ever to disregard medical evidence would it be possible to request a paper assessment as a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act?
Thanks x



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.