ESA backpay error Rent and Council Tax — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA backpay error Rent and Council Tax


I have had my backpay which includes SDP and EDP. I am worried now as does this affect my council tax, also rent? I live alone. Do I not pay rent now, and because I would have been entitled to full housing benefit does that mean they owe me for all those years?

Also council tax will I now owe them more? Will they be in touch with me?



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.