Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is aldcroft1960!

Hi im new on here.i am getting a divorce after 36 yrs.so upset.but im going to need help.as im disabled.and will need a new house.i love my house.all adaptations.and i no.idea how i will cope.with no help.any idea whom i can talk to?.

Replies

• steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @aldcroft1960

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you.

Have you got a local “CAB” office as they will be a good starting point.

Please please let me know know if there’s anything that I can help you further with????
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @aldcroft1960   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry to hear this. I would like to make another suggestion besides CAB  consider speaking to your local housing officer.

Add to that AGE UK have a lots of information on their website.

They might be interested in helping you. They do offer a lot of services, information and guidance on their website.

I contacted them last year I was 53 .  Gave me a lot of advice.  See what they say.

Add to that speak to  Disability UK and look on line for advice and consultation .

Have look at our Housing and Independent living.

We are here to support you give advice.

You have come to the right place.

Pleasure to meet you

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,440 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @aldcroft1960 welcome to the community!

I am so sorry to hear this, it sounds like you are going through a very distressing time. As @steve51 suggests, your CAB would be a great starting point!

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance or if you need a chat! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @aldcroft1960, and a warm welcome to the community! You've had some great advice above, but please do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of assistance.
Sign in or join us to comment.