Dazz66

Dazz66
Dazz66 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi, I've been poorly with mental ill health since 2001 , my job was working in the hairdressing trade , a skilled job. Now my question is I have " 0" savings and have a personal pension which I've just found out that if I'm not ever ( which is not ) going to be able to work my trade again I can cash it in .. I'm on ESA  income related and standard pip, my pens ION is less than 12k and I can draw it on health issues before I'm 55 in 3 years. The money after the 1st 25% tax free and thrn 20% on the total balance is below 11k.I live alone and get full housing/council tax benefit 
Does anyone know if I can go ahead and use this.much needed money to buy a car to make my life a lot better without it affecting my ESA etc ??

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,879 Championing
    Hi @Dazz66

I am unsure, hopefully @BenefitsTrainingCo and other members of our community will be able to advise you and will be in contact with you soon.

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance! :)
  • Dazz66
    Dazz66 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Thank you Ami , I'll let you know if I find any concrete info, I'm going to make an appointment with Pension wise ... Regards DH