Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can anyone please recommend a charity that offers EMDR sessions with a psychotherapist?
I have many medical conditions these being ADHD, APD, Narcolepsy, fibromyalgia, hypersensitivity, anxiety, depression, PTSD and dissasociative disorder. People have never understood me anyway because I have a unique way of thinking... I can't feel emotions without a logical reason to do so. But more recently I have felt let down by the NHS as have many others on this site. At the start of this year I started actively trying to kill myself and was under the support of the crisis team for about a week because apparently having a family member living close to me means they don't need to help. After getting through that but still actively self harming when things get too much I self referred to the mental health team. I had an assessment 2 months later and they had to transfer me to the community mental health team so that they can assess me too and refer me to a psychotherapist for EMDR however they called me recently to say the wait list is over a year long and in the meantime all they will do is have someone call me every few months to make sure I haven't killed myself. I can't be the only person that thinks that this system is broken and people like myself that suffer from severe PTSD find ourselves waiting years just to have an assessment interview. For me personally I find that when my PTSD acts up I have to lie in my bathtub (while its empty) fully clothed crying and trying my hardest not to injure myself. It's so severe that I sleep with a knife now so I feel safe and most of the time I have to sleep with all of the lights and the TV on otherwise I freak out. If anyone knows of any charities that could assist with getting me EMDR therapy sooner to combat my PTSD I would really appreciate the help!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.