Change to award term — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Change to award term

Saracen Member Posts: 66 Courageous
Hi all 
Phoned pip yesterday to see if there was any decision on my claim still no news but I explained waiting is killing me and believe it or not im even started worrying about my award term (if im.successful) if its for 2 years then I got to go through this again next year .
To which he replied that the government have now changed the rules if you are successful and get enhanced on both if your condition is deemed to not improve they are now awarding ongoing awards so you will be reviewed in 10 years .
To which I replied that atleast I will have 9 years peace he said no they will review you in the tenth year.
Anyone heard of this and was he just trying to make me feel more at ease.


  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I would not take any notice of that to be honest they dont care.
  • Saracen
    Saracen Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Thank you for your reply I thought so .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,186 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very rare for the decision maker to go against the recommendations in the report, this is applies to the descriptors and the award length of time.

    Where a recommendation award is Enhanced in both parts if a AP thinks that the restrictions on daily living and mobility are stable and unlikely to change significantly or they have very high levels of needs which will only deteriorate then a recommendation of review in 10 years will be advised. If they think that your condition is likely to change, even with Enhanced for both then they won't recommend an ongoing award.
  • Saracen
    Saracen Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Thank you for your reply poppy it was just confusing me.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.