PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Change to award term

SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 66 Courageous
Hi all 
Phoned pip yesterday to see if there was any decision on my claim still no news but I explained waiting is killing me and believe it or not im even started worrying about my award term (if im.successful) if its for 2 years then I got to go through this again next year .
To which he replied that the government have now changed the rules if you are successful and get enhanced on both if your condition is deemed to not improve they are now awarding ongoing awards so you will be reviewed in 10 years .
To which I replied that atleast I will have 9 years peace he said no they will review you in the tenth year.
Anyone heard of this and was he just trying to make me feel more at ease.

Replies

• lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I would not take any notice of that to be honest they dont care.
  • SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Thank you for your reply I thought so .
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very rare for the decision maker to go against the recommendations in the report, this is applies to the descriptors and the award length of time.

Where a recommendation award is Enhanced in both parts if a AP thinks that the restrictions on daily living and mobility are stable and unlikely to change significantly or they have very high levels of needs which will only deteriorate then a recommendation of review in 10 years will be advised. If they think that your condition is likely to change, even with Enhanced for both then they won't recommend an ongoing award.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Thank you for your reply poppy it was just confusing me.
Sign in or join us to comment.