Change to award term — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change to award term

Options
Saracen
Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
Hi all 
Phoned pip yesterday to see if there was any decision on my claim still no news but I explained waiting is killing me and believe it or not im even started worrying about my award term (if im.successful) if its for 2 years then I got to go through this again next year .
To which he replied that the government have now changed the rules if you are successful and get enhanced on both if your condition is deemed to not improve they are now awarding ongoing awards so you will be reviewed in 10 years .
To which I replied that atleast I will have 9 years peace he said no they will review you in the tenth year.
Anyone heard of this and was he just trying to make me feel more at ease.

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    I would not take any notice of that to be honest they dont care.
  • Saracen
    Options
    Thank you for your reply I thought so .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's very rare for the decision maker to go against the recommendations in the report, this is applies to the descriptors and the award length of time.

Where a recommendation award is Enhanced in both parts if a AP thinks that the restrictions on daily living and mobility are stable and unlikely to change significantly or they have very high levels of needs which will only deteriorate then a recommendation of review in 10 years will be advised. If they think that your condition is likely to change, even with Enhanced for both then they won't recommend an ongoing award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Saracen
    Options
    Thank you for your reply poppy it was just confusing me.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.