Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

sandy69
sandy69 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I I have been on pip 4 yes now I'm 64 I received my review form filled it in sent doctors letter and hospital ones that was 13 August 2018 today I received call saying don't worry I said I'd sent letter from doctor I don't go out they said we will ring u back or send letter for assesment at home I have cut my wrist twice last year attempted today but was stopped it upsetting me at me all the time what if I lose my pip

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Hi @sandy69, thanks for sharing this with us and I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. The PIP process can feel overwhelming at times, but we have lots of knowledgeable members here on the community who will do their best to help, no matter what the outcome is. Hopefully somebody will be in touch soon and able to advise.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of self harm or suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

• Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Hello there. I am about your age and I can feel your misery and worry as I read your post. I am so sorry that you're going through this and that you feel like harming yourself. I have done that in the past but I am in a much better place now. I had to take the DWP to a tribunal to get PIP and it was an awful experience, but eventually I got my award and it was backdated a year. Please stay with this forum and let us know how you are getting on. There are plenty of people here who are going through the same experience who will be sympathetic.
  • sandy69
    Thank you for your concern I'm still depressed keep going to bed I m only getting 1002 a week without pip I will die anyway I get pension from hospital 97 pounds but they deduct 40 off me I'm in private home 220 every 2 weeks I live off soup bread o cadional orange apple I'm not asking for sympathy but how can it go on my doctor is calling me Monday I'm alright but scared of a letter or call I can't go out I have social isolation fibromyalgia rhematoid and the rest life to me is nothing worked all my life for this.but I thank you for caring about me take care ???
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Really hope your call on Monday goes well, @sandy69. We're thinking of you and wishing you all the best. I hope today's as kind as possible to you.
  • sandy69
  • Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    How are you feeling today? 
  • sandy69
    Christmas I cut my wrist and jumped in front of car,I couldn't cope before now I'm worse off I want to kill my self feel so alone,but I would sooner not be here I'm only asking for help has I need it ,why do the authorities not care,I no lots of people on full pip went to America a year drinks every day I get so mad no one asked him questions I need more can't get help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    You really need to speak to your GP or the samaritans.

There are invisible conditions that no one can see on the outside. Very few people claim is fraudulently.

As advised on your other thread please get some face to face advice about your recent PIP award. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.