Pip reassment under new legislation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip reassment under new legislation

rubyrose34 Member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi can anyone advised please my daughter do suffer with certain anxiety issue and would not travel or go anywhere on own...my question is she had a letter from dwp to say they have reassed her and her pip award and it will stay the same .which is standard mobility.so can she challenge this as it clearly states on her application  her anxiety levels and ocd.


  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering
    Hi rubyrose34, 

    From what you have told us I assume she has scored 10 points for Planning and following journeys because she needs someone with her on unfamiliar journeys. If she is unable to go out anywhere on her own she should maybe have scored 12 points because she needs someone with her on familiar journeys as well. If you don't agree with the decision you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration but these decisions are not usually changed at this stage and you may need to appeal to get the decision she wants. It is a risk appealing when you already have an award though as a tribunal have the power to make whatever decision they think is the right one, which includes increasing an award or taking the award away.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • rubyrose34
    rubyrose34 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Thanks lee for your response...she also always needs someone with her at all times as her joints dislocate reguarly so also needs supervision as she falls.so would this count too


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.