Pip reassment under new legislation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reassment under new legislation

Options
rubyrose34
rubyrose34 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi can anyone advised please my daughter do suffer with certain anxiety issue and would not travel or go anywhere on own...my question is she had a letter from dwp to say they have reassed her and her pip award and it will stay the same .which is standard mobility.so can she challenge this as it clearly states on her application  her anxiety levels and ocd.
Thanks

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi rubyrose34, 

From what you have told us I assume she has scored 10 points for Planning and following journeys because she needs someone with her on unfamiliar journeys. If she is unable to go out anywhere on her own she should maybe have scored 12 points because she needs someone with her on familiar journeys as well. If you don't agree with the decision you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration but these decisions are not usually changed at this stage and you may need to appeal to get the decision she wants. It is a risk appealing when you already have an award though as a tribunal have the power to make whatever decision they think is the right one, which includes increasing an award or taking the award away.

Thanks,
    Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• rubyrose34
    rubyrose34 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thanks lee for your response...she also always needs someone with her at all times as her joints dislocate reguarly so also needs supervision as she falls.so would this count too

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.