PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Reapply for PIP

MissusAitch101MissusAitch101 Member Posts: 2 Listener
After a subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) in March 2016 after my husband died, I had several brain surgeries and a VP shunt. I was awarded PIP, supposedly until August 2018. After a year on PIP I was reviewed as a matter of course and the payment was stopped. As I was both anxious, depressed and still recovering from the stroke and surgery I did not have the confidence to fight the decision on my own. Now I have had a fainting spell last week and so in view of my medical history my driving license has been revoked temporarily until answers are found as to why it happened. Will I now be able to reapply for PIP again? It has stopped me from working. 

Replies

• Dean123Dean123 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I should think you would lovely, i just found out last week that my pip had been stopped after a home assessment yet i had a Esa assessment letter the day before saying that i was in a support group and could claim again for next year ,ive got a number of health problems and theres no way i should have been treated like that the assessor twisted everything i said ,The government's absaloutly crazy about saving money and doing disabled out of their rights,So if i was you id claim whatever you can and push hard for it x
  • MissusAitch101MissusAitch101 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou Dean123 I agree the government has gone a bit mad trying to stop people’s benefits. The problem is that it hurts those that are least in a position to stand up for themselves let alone fight back. As if we haven’t got enough on our plates to deal with! 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You can re-apply at anytime but losing your driving license won't help a PIP claim, the same for not being able to work. People claim PIP and work.

You'll need evidence to support a claim and i'd advise getting some help to fill out those forms.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,347 Disability Gamechanger
    What has just happened to you is neither here nor there unless it's been happening for at least 3 months. Making a new claim at this stage is pointless as it would be based solely on the evidence used for your previous claim. You still have the opportunity to do a late mandatory reconsideration on that claim and if you pursue that any arrears would be paid back to the date your last payment was made.
Sign in or join us to comment.