Reapply for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reapply for PIP

Options
MissusAitch101
MissusAitch101 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
After a subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) in March 2016 after my husband died, I had several brain surgeries and a VP shunt. I was awarded PIP, supposedly until August 2018. After a year on PIP I was reviewed as a matter of course and the payment was stopped. As I was both anxious, depressed and still recovering from the stroke and surgery I did not have the confidence to fight the decision on my own. Now I have had a fainting spell last week and so in view of my medical history my driving license has been revoked temporarily until answers are found as to why it happened. Will I now be able to reapply for PIP again? It has stopped me from working. 

Comments

• Dean123
    Dean123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I should think you would lovely, i just found out last week that my pip had been stopped after a home assessment yet i had a Esa assessment letter the day before saying that i was in a support group and could claim again for next year ,ive got a number of health problems and theres no way i should have been treated like that the assessor twisted everything i said ,The government's absaloutly crazy about saving money and doing disabled out of their rights,So if i was you id claim whatever you can and push hard for it x
  • MissusAitch101
    MissusAitch101 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou Dean123 I agree the government has gone a bit mad trying to stop people’s benefits. The problem is that it hurts those that are least in a position to stand up for themselves let alone fight back. As if we haven’t got enough on our plates to deal with! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can re-apply at anytime but losing your driving license won't help a PIP claim, the same for not being able to work. People claim PIP and work.

You'll need evidence to support a claim and i'd advise getting some help to fill out those forms.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.