Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
My son has Aspergers severe,social anxiety, agoraphobia and torn ligament in knee. His usual doctor is off long term and I've just been in for a fit note for the Job centre. The receptionist came out with a note but for 24 days instead of 3 months and it only stated he had KNEE PAIN. We told the receptionist and she said the doctor won't give a note without seeing a patient even though all the information is on their computer system and my son will not get better in fact he's worse. Anyway we asked because of all his conditions can we get the doctor to visit him we stressed that he is on enhanced PIP and UC Job centre PIP and appointee departments all granted home visits on the strength of his own doctors recommendations. Can anybody help also is there a way I can take official charge of his medical conditions and decisions regarding his health as I have done with his benefits many thanks
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.