Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


My son has Aspergers severe,social anxiety, agoraphobia and torn ligament in knee. His usual doctor is off long term and I've just been in for a fit note for the Job centre. The receptionist came out with a note but for 24 days instead of 3 months and it only stated he had KNEE PAIN. We told the receptionist and she said the doctor won't give a note without seeing a patient even though all the information is on their computer system and my son will not get better in fact he's worse. Anyway we asked because of all his conditions can we get the doctor to visit him we stressed that he is on enhanced PIP and UC Job centre PIP and appointee departments all granted home visits on the strength of his own doctors recommendations. Can anybody help also is there a way I can take official charge of his medical conditions and decisions regarding his health as I have done with his benefits many thanks


  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @johnnyboy

    Sorry to learn of the problems with the GP.

    Can I suggest you phone one of the partners at the surgery, rather than the staff, I am sure matters can be resolved to your satisfaction.

    In terms of you becoming responsible for your son's medical conditions and the like. You would have to go down the route of Power of Attorney, which I suggest would not be helpful to your situation.

    Let us know how you get on, after speaking with one of the partners.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    My son also has server social phobia, server anxiety agoraphobia ect I can go to appointments for him under the mental health act 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
    Can I just ask which part you are referring to it's pretty long cheers
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
     As your his appointee he's been judged mentally incapable of handling his own affairs two years it took before my doctor listened to me as I called mind for some support and was told under the mental care act as my son can't act in his own best interests I can and when I said that the doctor then and now let's me call make appointments order his fit note ect  I had to take him once so he said he agreed with me acting on his behalf 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.