Hi, my name is cheniserowenaknox! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cheniserowenaknox!

Options
cheniserowenaknox
cheniserowenaknox Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I have multiple disabilities and my partner David too and 2 of my children, My career was in mental health before I became to unwell to work anymore, now David and i care for each other and the children at home, we are not in receipt of all the benefits possible but we get along and I really don’t want to take too much from the state; I hope to go back to work someday when our youngest goes into full time school 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @cheniserowenaknox
    Though I appreciate your good thoughts, the benefits are there to help and support you through tougher times. You can find a benefits calculator here to see what you could be entitled to.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cheniserowenaknox
    cheniserowenaknox Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, we went through the pip process for David and he got refused first time, despite his problems being more obvious than mine, but he’s going through the debt relief order process also so we’d rather wait until that’s over to try again because it will affect his eligibility, I don’t get the council tax discount but I do like paying it, i am an oddball I know, I do think it may be part of my autism however 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.