Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Vic1990!
My husband received a pip letter awarding him mobility. The letter states his award starts on the 19 October 2016 when his claim started, in fact it states it 3 times in the letter however they only backdated it to march 2017 which was also just over £100 short of the correct amount. Can I challenge the backdated amount? Also we have missed out on 2years of motability car scheme and have paid thousands of pounds more to have use of a vehicle can I ask for them to put us in the same financial position I would of been in had he been awarded pip in October 2016 as stated in letter. Have already complained to dwp.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.