Help with Petrol?? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help with Petrol??

Hi guys

Just wondered whether anybody knew of any petrol allowances for carers. My son cannot walk so a car is essential. He has so many appointments all over London, plus we live far from school. Can carers get help with their petrol costs?

Thank you! :)


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Depending on your circumstances you might look at getting an HC2 certificate
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • RaeWitter
    RaeWitter Member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi @CockneyRebel. Thank you so much. Never even heard of this!
  • needavan
    needavan Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Sorry I do not want to state the obvious but have you applied for PIP , used to be Disability Living Allowance.

    You get extra money if you are disabled, PIP mobility, if you cannot walk or cannot walk far without pain, also PIP Care if you need care, help with washing dressing, food etc.

    Try you local Citizens advice, you have to fill in some forms to apply.

    If you are on a low income you can claim petrol allowance for Hospital Appointments, we just goto the cash office fill in a form and get some money, about 20/25 p a mile.
    Ask the hospital next time you go and they should be able to help.
    I hope this information is helpful, it was only when someone told me about this I found out about it.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.