Do I need to fill this ESA form in? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Do I need to fill this ESA form in?

danny1234 Member Posts: 12 Listener
hi im in employment support allowance group.i have just recieved a esa3 form to fill in for employment related support and they want information from 2012 till i can get this benefit .do i have to fill in this form .if i diont what will in support group esa so dont need to fill this form in do i can you advise me thaks danny


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,767 Disability Gamechanger
    Those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA were placed onto Contributions based ESA and a lot weren't assessed for the Income Related top up. DWP have realised their mistake and are now contacting everyone that transferred from IB.

    Receiving the income related top up will depend on your circumstances, living with a partner that works, savings/capital and other household income are all things that could stop you being entitled to the top up.

    If you don't fill that form in then you won't be assessed for any top up.

    If you fill it in with all your details and send everything they've asked for then they'll assess your claim. If you do qualify you'll receive extra money each week on top of your ESA and backdated money to when you did qualify.

    If you know you won't qualify for the income related top up then there's no need to fill it in. Your ESA money will continue as normal.
  • danny1234
    danny1234 Member Posts: 12 Listener
    the reason I asked was in 2012 I came off incapacity benefit and was put into the work related activity group and got extra money.then after a year I was put into support group and got full amount .thanks for your help danny 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.

Online employment support

Support to Work is an online and telephone support programme for disabled people who are looking for work.