Do I need to fill this ESA form in? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I need to fill this ESA form in?

Options
danny1234
danny1234 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hi im in employment support allowance group.i have just recieved a esa3 form to fill in for employment related support and they want information from 2012 till now.so i can get this benefit .do i have to fill in this form .if i diont what will happen.im in support group esa so dont need to fill this form in do i can you advise me thaks danny

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA were placed onto Contributions based ESA and a lot weren't assessed for the Income Related top up. DWP have realised their mistake and are now contacting everyone that transferred from IB.

Receiving the income related top up will depend on your circumstances, living with a partner that works, savings/capital and other household income are all things that could stop you being entitled to the top up.

If you don't fill that form in then you won't be assessed for any top up.

If you fill it in with all your details and send everything they've asked for then they'll assess your claim. If you do qualify you'll receive extra money each week on top of your ESA and backdated money to when you did qualify.

If you know you won't qualify for the income related top up then there's no need to fill it in. Your ESA money will continue as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danny1234
    danny1234 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    the reason I asked was in 2012 I came off incapacity benefit and was put into the work related activity group and got extra money.then after a year I was put into support group and got full amount .thanks for your help danny 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.