PIP assesment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assesment

Options
Lizzie2016
Lizzie2016 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I have been waiting 10 weeks for an assesment appointment which they told  me i had to have they said i must have home assesment because of my condition i rang today and was told i will get an appointment when they have an asseor in my area of kent or i could go east london i have diagnosed agrophobia amongst other things feel i am now being penalised because of my condition 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Lizzie

Is this a new claim or a change from DLA to PIP ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lizzie2016
    Options
    I was on indefinite low rate DLA both componets i was then diagnosed with fibromyalgia so had to start new claim with PIP
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It doesn't sound like they're refusing you the home assessment, it just seems like you have a wait longer for an assessor to become available in your area. Or, they've offered you an appointment sooner if you attend one of their centres in East London. Sometimes is does take longer for a home assessment. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lizzie2016
    Options
    Thank you fingers crossed 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your DLA should remain in payment until a decision is made. There is no guarantee that you will qualify for a PIP award even though you receive DLA, as the criteria are different.

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lizzie2016
    Options
    I know this i was just concerned about appointment time wait 
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    We waited over 3 months for a home assessment appointment recently.  In the end it was a paper assessment as we sent in further evidence which they accepted.  I think they claimed that we had been assigned to a particular assessor and that assessor had no slots available any sooner and no other assessor could cover it.  I have no idea how true that was!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    10 weeks isn't really that long. Some are waiting longer than this. You'll continue to be paid your DLA while you wait and that's a good thing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.