PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Hooley101
Hooley101 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi all 
Just a quick update from my previous texts.  To recap I had my PIP stopped by letter it said  a doubt had arisen regarding my health conditions the letter said I had no right of appeal.  However I went to the CAB who were nice but didn't know what to do.  Then I decided to email my MP he wrote me back saying he would support me and emailed a resolution manager in the DWP later she emailed him saying my case was in a que on someones desk but I could send in evidence at any time.  My MP forwarded the email and I emailed her directly.  I received a response by post the DWP manager advising that she couldn't email me back as the link was not secure but my case was being dealt with and I could send in evidence at any time.  I spent ages sifting through evidence of my conditions and sent it all in by post.  When I arrived home from the post office there was a brown envelope in the door my heart sank  when I opened it it was as suspected from the DWP advising they were restating my PIP! They hadn't even received the evidence! No explanation of why they stopped it at all! My money was to be back dated from the date they stopped it!  I suspect maybe my MP pushed them along a bit.  I wondered what others thought of this ordeal?  Have a good day all the sun is out x

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.