Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, here we go again! I have had enough this year with stress of assessments like many others My question is I had a face to face PIP assessment stopped at the assessment centre after 5 mins as it was so traumatic with my Anxiety and panic disorder Eventually after 4 weeks of waiting I finally got a home assessment Now fast forward 5 months I just received my appointment letter for my ESA assessment .. I put all this info what happened during the pip ordeal and its fell obviously on deaf ears,. I'm really worried that if it happened again I'd get my payments stopped as I've heard a similar story I've rang the medical helpline asking if the assesor will be patient if I need a break , should I have asked for or why or even if they considered a home visit again ? Thanks for any information
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.