Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
SUPERMARKETS STOPPING CASH BACK AT TILLS IF THEY HAVE ATM OUTSIDE
Hi, I find getting cash via cash-back at supermarkets to be safer using cash-back via the till. With disabilities that effect my hands and standing, I find it difficult to use ATMs and fell more vulnerable. Sainsbury's are doing a trial where the yno longer do cash-back at the till if they have an outside ATM. I find these to be the removal of an Accessible service that does not take into consideration disabled persons or the elderly or other vulnerable people. Its easier with these new slippy notes and when you have sticks in your hands (which have arthritis and pheriferal neuropathy) to safely put your cash away at the till rather than be vulnerable and not feel safe outside? Any comments?
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.