SUPERMARKETS STOPPING CASH BACK AT TILLS IF THEY HAVE ATM OUTSIDE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SUPERMARKETS STOPPING CASH BACK AT TILLS IF THEY HAVE ATM OUTSIDE

Petros
Petros Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I find getting cash via cash-back at supermarkets to be safer using cash-back via the till. With disabilities that effect my hands and standing, I find it difficult to use ATMs and fell more vulnerable. Sainsbury's are doing a trial where the yno longer do cash-back at the till if they have an outside ATM. I find these to be the removal of an Accessible service that does not take into consideration disabled persons or the elderly or other vulnerable people. Its easier with these new slippy notes and when you have sticks in your hands (which have arthritis and pheriferal neuropathy) to safely put your cash away at the till rather than be vulnerable and not feel safe outside? Any comments?

Comments

• CPfighter1990
    CPfighter1990 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hi 
    I found this problem at Tesco the other day, as I find it hard to get my bank card in and out the ATM.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    This is a big problem for us who are disabled.
    Maybe scope should fo a compaine with the main shops 
  • Petros
    Petros Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I messaged SCOPE on FB (as it is easier) and they suggested I join the community.  I have written to the CEO at Sainsbury's as I do not think they consider how things have an effect on disabled people besides beiung able to get into and out of stores and I ahve no condifence that the FB message I sent on messenger will get to the right people especially as their reply was patronising. I ahve difficulty in typing etc but felt it worth the effort.. Though I do think we need organisations such as SCOPE to point what may be to them monor matters but to us are great difficulties
  • DoriFish
    DoriFish Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    I definitely do not like outside ATM's
    I feel vulnerable using them, as many others do that I've spoken to.
    I will only use cashback at the tills for my own safety.

We need someone who has the knowledge on how to start a petition Please

Brightness