0 points with pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

0 points with pip

Options
Fireantguy22
Fireantguy22 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
Got my pip after 6 weeks and 0 points and I've been on the sick 20 year with depression severe ocd mental health problems anxiety.ive had psychiatrists over the years cognective therapy group and one on one sessions.mental hospitalised 3 month brain zapped 8 times seen a professor about my problems and much more,I'm at the end of my  tether what do I do?

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    Getting PIP is not about all the medical conditions you have had over the years it's about how these conditions affect your ability to carry out the PIP descriptors at the present time 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As poppy keeps telling people me also PIP is not about your illnesses or disability, it’s about your abilities to cope manage activities in your daily life according to the PIP descriptors. So if you can do all the PIP descriptors with ease and are able to complete the mobility part then the acessor has completed the acessment as requested by the DWP and the decision maker has awarded you acordingly.
  • Fireantguy22
    Options
    Can't do much then or at this present time
  • Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
     It really is unfair  how these assessments  our worked out I don’t understand how they can say things are easy when during the assessment they don’t even get you to try and do them but they have a really strict criteria and  because they had accepted a lot of people on Dla that they had given indefinitely like me just like they took me off incapacity benefit and put me on ESA  I think they are trying to reduce the amount of people on PIP 2 about a third of people that were claiming DLA.  Sorry to read that they have given you zero points I think you have a month to appeal against their decision, good luck xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A diagnosis makes no difference for PIP. If you don't meet the descriptors there's no points given for an award.

Did you send evidence? if so what evidence did you send? Letters from a GP, future appointment letters, and those that state a diagnosis won't help a claim for PIP. The evidence you send needs to state how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fireantguy22
    Options
    A diagnosis makes no difference for PIP. If you don't meet the descriptors there's no points given for an award.

Did you send evidence? if so what evidence did you send? Letters from a GP, future appointment letters, and those that state a diagnosis won't help a claim for PIP. The evidence you send needs to state how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.      I have had nurses come to my house but was a waste of time as didn't help my mental health problems.i don't see a phychtrists anymore as after years of seeing them they could not go any further forward they have kept my files open in case ever want to go back.i see doctor annually for mental health check.i went group CBT and one on one and both made me I'll and I wouldn't leave my bedroom for 6 month and o.d I suffer daily with my problems but now I have no points no money I get not one penny to my name but I've got council tax bills.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.